Managing your own interior design business means that you work in a variety of different roles each day. You’re a creative, a consultant, a boss, a partner and most importantly, a designer. Whether you’re transforming an entire home or creating a more welcoming office conference room, it’s up to you to interpret the styles and desires of each new client that you work with.
As an interior designer, you must also be able to couple your own creative vision with the many needs of your clients. This unique blend of business savvy, great people skills and attention to detail is what makes your business so special. But with so many different things going on at once, it’s important to remember that there are many risks involved with operating your small business as well. Luckily, with the right professional liability insurance policy in place, you and your clients can rest easy knowing that you’ve got an extra layer of protection on your side.
How to Find the Right Interior Design Insurance Policy
As you consider your insurance needs, think about the different risks that you want to protect against. Whether you operate your business from home or an office retail space, there are many different risks that you should consider, including:
- Mistakes or professional negligence
- Third party property damage
- Theft, vandalism, fire and natural disasters
- Employee injuries and/or slip and falls incidents
- Auto accidents while operating company vehicles or personal vehicles for business purposes
- Cyber breaches
- And more
Exploring Your Coverage Options
Depending on your specific needs, there are a few main coverage options to consider when building the right policy for your small business. These common coverage options include:
- Property Coverage – This type of coverage is put in place to help protect your office buildings and the contents inside from damages. This includes important business-related items like computers, equipment, supplies, furnishings and more.
- Business Interruption – If your business must close down temporarily due to a loss (fire, tornado, flooding, etc.), this coverage will kick in to cover the cost of lost business income and ongoing expenses.
- Liability Coverage – This important coverage option works to protect against claims of bodily injury or property damage by a third party. It covers everything from slip and fall incidents to damaged personal property, libel and/or slander and more.
About Walker & Associates Insurance
At Walker & Associates Insurance, we have been a leader in helping to protect businesses and families since 1960. Our coverages are written to cover your business inside out. For more information, we invite you contact us today at (800) 213-7126.