In this series of posts, we’ve covered some key components that professional service businesses need to identify risks, respond to cyber-attacks, and how to achieve comprehensive coverage. In this final installment, we’ll explore the best ways to mitigate an attack before it even happens. Your first line of defense should you experience a breach is to equip your business with an Indianapolis Cyber Liability Insurance policy.
Analyze your risk.
Protecting your networks and computer systems starts with monitoring their security. Businesses can ensure their security is relevant by updating software regularly and utilizing tools to assess the computers daily to monitor for potential hacks.
Create a written cyber protection plan.
Create a written plan for all employees to abide by. This should include:
- Proper web surfing, social media and email conduct.
- Identifying suspicious emails.
- An explanation of how the company will protect client and sensitive data.
- Rules for identifying and reporting issues.
- A component in the policy that details the reporting and other requirements of the states in question and the state agencies to which breaches are to be reported. Some states require firms to be compliant with the state’s privacy laws if the firm has the privacy data of a resident in that state.
In addition to creating a written cyber security plan, ongoing staff training can prevent these attacks. Shed light on how to identify phishing, suspicious emails, social engineering and more. The more information your employees are equipped with, the better positioned they are to help protect your operation.
About Walker & Associates Insurance
If you’re not sure if your insurance is sufficient, it’s smart business to have your risks evaluated by professionals you can trust. Since being founded in 1960, Walker & Associates has embraced a “service is first” philosophy. Our team is focused on ensuring that each client receives individualized guidance to preserve their assets and control their expenses. Our strong relationships with international, national, and Indiana insurance companies allow us to negotiate the best coverages, terms, and pricing for our clients. Contact us at Walker & Associates Insurance, (800) 213-7126, for all of your business and personal insurance needs.